In this video from Pc Weekly’s annual variety occasion, in partnership with Nash Squared, panel members talk about employee resource groups (ERGs), what they are, why they are wanted, and the way to help them.
Many corporations have employee-led inner teams targeted around supporting numerous individuals, comparable to these from the LGBTQIA+ group, or those who are neurodiverse.
These teams cannot solely help members, but in addition assist individuals participate in allyship to help those that may be from extra numerous backgrounds – so what’s one of the simplest ways to strategy making these groups?
- Kerensa Jennings, group director, knowledge platforms, BT
- Paul Yung, COO, Myndup
- Marhsa Ramroop, founder, Unheard Voice Consultancy
- Pernima Sen, chief individuals and compliance officer, Sparta International
- Lauren McKirdy, co-lead of the ladies in tech ERG, NatWest Group
- Chloe Gap, head of EMEA Delight at Now ERG, ServiceNow
A few of the questions asked:
- Who must be the driving drive behind ERGs?
- Are ERG members liable for educating allies?
- What’s the benefit of getting ERGs?
- How can teams cater to individuals who intersect the audience of several ERGs?
- How can allies help ERGs and their members?