iOS 16.4 is presently in testing and comes with several new Shortcuts and automation options. A type of is the choice to create an iPhone Lock Display Shortcut, right here’s the way it works and what you are able to do with it.
iOS sixteen.four expands the capabilities of automation options like Focus Filters and the Shortcuts app.
Along with the power to automate the all the time-on display for iPhone 14 Professional/Professional Max, all iPhone users get the functionality to lock their iPhone display with a custom automation, a House Display button, or with Siri (though the latter is on the market with out the Shortcut however just isn’t customizable).
After the iPhone Lock Display Shortcut is run, the display will stay lit for a couple of moments before going black or dimming to the all the time-on show.
There are a selection of use instances that make this Shortcut convenient. It improves accessibility and is useful for people who like to go away the auto-lock timer to never (or several minutes) and need the pliability to create alternative ways to lock their iPhone without having to press the aspect button.
The right way to set up the iPhone Lock Display Shortcut in iOS 16.four
You’ll must be operating the iOS 16.4 beta to get this function or await the iOS 16.4 public launch. Take a look at our information for easy methods to install the free beta.
- Open the Shortcuts app in your iPhone operating iOS sixteen.four (for those who don’t have it download it)
- Faucet the + in the prime right nook so as to add a brand new Shortcut
- Faucet Add Motion > use the search bar to tug up Lock Display
- You’ll be able to tap Achieved to add the essential Shortcut or customize it with circumstances like a set off or extra actions
- When modifying the Shortcut you’ll be able to faucet the small dropdown arrow on the prime to add it to your House Display
- Press and hold on the Lock Display Shortcut to rename it – e.g. perhaps you need to give it a covert identify for the Siri command
- Take a look at Apple’s Shortcuts Consumer Information for extra on the topic (the MacStories Shortcuts Archive can also be a tremendous resource)
Here’s how it seems to add the new Shortcut:
You will get artistic with the actions or automation options or just create a primary Shortcut for the Lock Display:
Thanks for testing our guide on the right way to create an iPhone Lock Display Shortcut!
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate links. More.